What is Question2Answer?
A Q&A site helps your online community to share knowledge. People with questions get the answers they need. The community is enriched by commenting, voting, notifications, points, and rankings.
What are Question2Answer plugins?(You can read more at http://docs.question2answer.org/plugins/)
Question2Answer plugins (introduced in Q2A 1.3) allow the platform to be modified or extended without changing the Q2A core. Plugins can integrate with Q2A in one of three ways:
- Modules: Modules extend Q2A in a defined and specific way. The following types of module are supported:
- page modules add a new type of page to a Question2Answer site.
- login modules allow users to log in to Q2A via an external identity provider such as Facebook.
- editor modules provide a web interface for writing and editing posts.
- viewer modules render content as HTML or text and often work together with an editor module.
- event modules are notified when something important happens, such as content being posted or voted on.
- widget modules allow extra content to be shown on Q2A pages, as chosen by the site administrator.
- filter modules can validate and/or modify many types of user input, including the content of posts.
- search modules can implement a custom indexer and/or search engine for a Q2A site.
- captcha modules provide a web interface for human verification, such as reCAPTCHA.
- process modules have the opportunity to run at specific stages of Q2A’s response processing.
- Layers: Layers modify the HTML output for some elements of a Q2A page. Layers work similarly to advanced themes, by overriding some functions in the base theme class in qa-theme-base.php.
- Overrides: Overrides allow over 150 core Q2A functions to be modified. Core functions can be replaced by the plugin’s code, or they can be wrapped, with the plugin modifying the function’s inputs and/or outputs.
We can help you with developing a plugin as per your requirements.
We have developed plugins for Question2Answer, you can find the list of plugins here:
- AddThis Social Sharing by Publicity Port. Shows a pop-up message to encourage users to share their questions using the AddThis sharing widget.
- Google Cloud Storage by Publicity Port. Stores and serves uploaded files in Google Cloud Storage instead of the local database.
- Mailgun Integration by Publicity Port. Sends outgoing emails via the Mailgun API.
- Ask with Tags List by Publicity Port. Allows tags for a new question to be pre-filled using a URL parameter for the ‘Ask a Question’ page.
You can see above plugins listed here: http://docs.question2answer.org/addons/
You can contact us via contact form given below.